Sony has finally announced the Xperia Tipo, earlier codenamed as ‘Tapioca’. The Xperia tipo is basically an entry-level Android smartphone, which is ideal mostly for first-time smartphone users. Offered in single and dual-SIM (Sony Xperia Tipo dual) variants, the Sony Xperia tipo looks to be the ideal entry-level Android-powered smartphone.
- Dimensions: 103 x 57 x 13 mm
- Weight: 99.4 g
- Display: 3.2-inch HVGA (320×480), scratch-resistant mineral glass
- CPU: 800MHz single-core Qualcomm processor
- Operating System: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal Storage: 2.5GB
- External Memory: microSD, expandable up to 32 GB
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support
- Camera: 3.2-megapixel primary camera
- Battery: Standard Li-Ion 1,500mAh
- Stand-by time: Up to 470h (2G)/ 545h (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 5h (2G)/ 4.5h (3G)
If you’re looking to get your hands on this affordable handset, Sony will launch the Sony Xperia Tipo and Xperia tipo dual globally in Q3 2012. As of now, we have no idea about the expected price-range of the handset but what we know for sure is that it will be in the lower price-range.